QuEChERS Extraction Products for testing pesticides in Cannabis
Procedure for QuEChERS Extraction for testing pesticides in Cannabis
1. Weigh 1 gram of homogenized Cannabis into a laboratory plastic tube.
2. Add 10mL of reagent water, let soak, and shake occasionally for 30 minutes.
3. Add 10mL of MeCN, if you use JGF00150P (EN-15662) or 10mL MeCN 1%HAc, if you use JGF00450P (AOAC 2007.01). Shake or vortex for 10 minutes.
4. Add the Quechers extraction salts JGF00150P (EN-15662) or JGF00450P (AOAC 2007.01) and shake for 1 minute manually or use a plant tissue homogenizer at 1,000 strokes/minute.
5. Centrifuge at 5000 G for 5 minutes. Target analytes will be extracted into the upper layer.